Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services received and attended to a total of 177 cases in April 2021.
Violence against Children:
- A total of 73 cases were reported to and attended regarding violence against children in April 2021.
- The most frequently reported cases in this category involve cases of neglect, of which 25 cases were reported during this period.
- Other forms of violence against children include 13 cases of sexual abuse, 11 cases of witness to domestic violence, 10 cases of emotional abuse, 9 cases of physical abuse, 2 cases of victims of bullying and harassment and 1 case of victims of cyber bullying.
- A total of 17 cases were reported to and attended regarding behavioral problems in April 2021.
- Reports include 12 cases of perpetrators of bullying, 1 case of running away and 1 case of refusal to attend school.
Child rights violations:
- A total of 7 cases were reported to and attended in this category in April 2021.
- Reports include 4 cases of violation of right to shelter and 3 cases of refusal of access to education.
- A total of 13 cases were reported to and attended in this category in April 2021.
- Reports include 7 cases of parenting issues, 5 cases of custody or access and 1 case of child maintenance.
Gender based violence and Domestic violence:
- A total of 37 cases involving gender-based violence and domestic violence were reported to and attended in April 2021.
- The most frequently reported cases involve 16 cases of emotional abuse.
- Other cases reported in this category involve 13 cases of physical abuse, 3 cases of sexual abuse/ violence, 2 cases of rape, 1 case of negligence, 1 case of commercial exploitation and 1 case of intimidation.
Care and support for elderly and persons with disabilities:
- A total of 22 cases were reported to and attended in this category in April 2021.
- Reports include 16 cases of care support for persons with disabilities and 6 cases of care and support to the elderly.
Self-harm and Suicidal behavior:
- 8 cases regarding self-harm and suicidal behavior were reported to and attended in April 2021.
Children under State care, Fostered and Reintegrated:
- 3 children were reintegrated with families and 2 children was taken to State Care in April 2021.
- 1 child (turned 18) was reintegrated to the society with employment during April 2021.
- There are a total of 216 children under State Care as of April 2021.
8 June 2021