Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services received and attended to 248 cases in June 2022.
Violence Against Children:
- A total of 126 cases were reported to and attended regarding violence against children in June 2022.
- The most frequently reported cases in this category involve cases of neglect and of which 28 cases were reported during this period.
- Other cases reported in this category involve, 27 cases of witness to domestic violence, 26 cases of emotional abuse, 24 cases of sexual abuse, 16 cases of physical abuse, 2 cases of victims of cyber bullying, 1 case of commercial exploitation/child labor, 1 case of victims of bullying and harassment and 1 case of blackmailing.
Gender Based Violence and Domestic Violence:
- A total of 40 cases involving gender-based violence and domestic violence were reported to and attended in June 2022.
- The most frequently reported cases involve 22 cases of physical violence/abuse.
- Other cases reported in this category involve 8 cases of emotional abuse/verbal abuse, 4 cases of sexual violence/abuse, 3 cases of intimidating, 1 case of withholding/damage to property, 1 case of controlling behavior and 1 case of rape.
- A total of 26 cases were reported to and attended in this category in June 2022.
- Reported cases include 13 cases of parenting issues, 11 cases of access to child and 2 cases of custody/access.
Self-Harm and Suicidal Behavior:
- A total of 20 cases regarding self-harm and suicidal behavior were reported to and attended in June
Care and Support for Elderly and Persons with Disabilities:
- A total of 19 cases were reported to and attended in this category in June 2022.
- Reported cases include 15 cases of care and support for persons with disabilities and 4 cases of care and support to the elderly.
- A total of 12 cases were reported to and attended regarding behavioral problems in June 2022.
- Reported cases include 7 cases of running away, 3 cases of temper tantrums and 2 cases of refusal to attend school.
Child Rights Violations:
- A total of 4 cases were reported to and attended in this category in June 2022.
- Reported cases include 3 cases of refusal to send children to school and 1 case of refusal to vaccinate children.
Children in Conflict with Law:
- Only 1 case was reported to attended in this category for the month of June 2022.
Children Under State Care, Fostered and Reintegrated:
- There are a total of 196 children under state care as of June 2022.
- 4 children were taken into state care, 6 children were reintegrated with family, and 1 child was fostered.
1 August 2022